Within a Short Distance
- Discover many of France's most beautiful villages. The Aveyron boasts more than any other department in France (see more detailed information at the end of this section). Also nearby are the stunning villages of St. Cirq Lapopie and historic town of St. Antonin Noble Val, with it's famous lively Sunday morning market
- Relaxing river cruises down the Lot Valley
- Kayakking/Canoeing/Waterskiing/Rafting/Horseriding/Fishing/Golf/Plane & Helicopter Tours
- Wide range of local and international cuisine in nearby restaurants
- Winetastings at many of the region's chateaux (Gaillac and Cahors are the nearest)
- Breathtaking scenery and dramatic landscapes in every direction (Aveyron and Tarn Gorges, Lot Valley)
- An abundance of wildlife. Wild boar, deer, polecats, red squirrels, peregrine falcons, red and black kites, owls and much, much more are sited almost daily
- Quiet country lanes ideal for walkers, ramblers and cyclists.
- Mountain bikes and gym equipment available for guests' use
- Tennis courts available in the local village which is only 10 minutes walk away.
- Rocamadour, Sarlat, Albi and Toulouse and just a few of the wonderful places to spend a day when using Les Fontaines as your base.
- The world's highest bridge, the Millau Viaduct, is only 1.5 hours drive away. The 1.5 mile long and 1,115 ft. tall structure, which cost £200 million, is set to become an icon recognised around the world.
- For those wanting to explore further afield, the incredible walled medieval city of Carcassonne and the Mediterranean are approx. 2.5 hours away. The Pyrenees are approximately 3 hours drive away. For the very adventurous there's even a direct overnight train from Villefranche to Paris!